The purpose of the CISRO e-Commerce for Management seminar, is to help managers develop a strategic e-Commerce plan for development and implementation in their organizations. This seminar presents strategies for integrating electronic commerce activities to help maximize organizational competitiveness. Important issues such as electronic storefronts, on-line business, customer interfaces, e-procurement, business-to-customer and business-to-business networking will be explored. Furthermore, the program will help you integrate your departments, suppliers, and customers into a digitally networked strategic plan.
Using case studies and critiques of current web sites as well as lectures, group
exercises and classroom discussions, the eCommerce for Managers seminar will
develop a strategic e-Commerce plan for development and implementation.
SEMINAR COURSE OUTLINE
From e-Commerce to e-Business:
- overview of the current situation: A new era
- surviving the Internet
- what is e-Commerce?
- the evolution from traditional forms of business
- the new value chain
- business-to-customer models
- advertisement, promotion, sales & auctions
- business-to-business models
- procurement, EDI and marketplaces
Global Impacts of e-Commerce:
- on the economy
- on new business, alliances and ventures
- barriers to entry
- cultural and political concerns
Impacts of e-Commerce on your Organization:
- on your business processes
- on employees and intermediaries
- on products, prices, promotion and place
- developing and implementing e-Commerce strategies to generate competitive advantage
- integrating these strategies throughout the organization
- electronic sources of competitive intelligence information
Technicalities of e-Commerce:
- how to cost/benefit information technology projects
- developing, managing and maintaining your web-site
- clicks and hits, page view and new visitors
- analyzing who is hitting your web site
- data warehousing: how to use your information base
- tools: XML & Bluetooth
- infrastructures, telecommunications & M-Technologies
- the move to wireless
- electronic checks
- electronic transfers
- smart, strip and credit cards
- digital money revolution
Security on the Internet:
- push and pull technology
- security standards and policies
- risks of insecure systems
- cryptography and authentication
- response time and disaster recovery
Legal and Ethical Issues:
- legal vacuum
- social impact
- information and consumer protection
- trust and safety concerns
- international transactions
Your e-Commerce Initiatives:
- do's and don'ts
- available resources
- sharing success stories
At the end of this seminar participants will have:
The following materials will be supplied to all participants:
- learned the importance of implementing electronic commerce into business practices
- learned the different business models of e-Commerce and the benefits and limitations of each.
- mastered the skills needed to plan, implement and maintain an e-Commerce site.
- understood how the new digital economy including e-Payments will affect your business.
- understood the security issues related to e-Commerce.
- developed an awareness of the social and ethical issues related to e-Commerce.
The costs are upon demand and are based on an 8-person-per-seminar grouping. Please contact CISRO if you have any questions or require more information on pricing.